Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Pictures!

My apologies that the last post did not have any pictures. Something about the Wi-Fi in the Denver airport would not let me upload pictures. *shrug* No idea why.

So as promised, here they are!

LA was gorgeous. We are suffering experiencing a lot of snow and very cold weather here in Utah so I was so overjoyed when I walked out of the airport into light sweater weather and saw green bushes. Sure, they were just bushes, but they were green!

I was lucky enough to have a great view from my hotel room not only of the skyline where I could see a strip of the ocean . . .



but also a beautiful garden in the courtyard behind the hotel.



I could have looked at that garden all day! It was so beautiful and I really enjoyed having a break from winter. (On a colder note, it is supposed to be freezing in New York next week. *sad*

The dinner was amazing. It was at this quaint little restaurant called Derek's Bistro and had lovely ambiance. And we got to meet Derek himself while we were there!



It was really a lovely, lovely dinner.

In Denver I stayed at an older and very beautiful hotel. Denver has a different feel to it. I don't even really know how to describe it, but I really liked it. My view wasn't quite as green as the LA view (ha!), but I really enjoyed seeing the Denver skyline.



I love how things like views can be so different and equally gorgeous.

The lobby of this hotel was so homey and beautiful. I wish I'd gotten a chance to sit in it longer. especially in front of that warm fireplace!




And look at that wood floor. SO incredibly gorgeous!

We had dinner that night in downtown Denver at a restaurant called Bistro Vendome. Really, really incredible food! I forgot to get a picture inside the restaurant, but John (Harper's rep and the fabulous host!) took some pics of me a couple of the guests.



It really was such and amazing, beautiful, delicious, unforgettable trip and I hope you guys have enjoyed sharing part of it with me.

Ciao!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun hearing all the fun details of your trip! I can't wait to hear about the next one!!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time.

Mary Alvarez said...

So . . how are your page signings going? =D

Sheryl said...

I'm very excited for you! Keep blogging. This is a good read.

JKB said...

This sounds like it was fun!

WHOHOO!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is actually my first time on your blog - I read about it on the back of your ARC (which I got from the bookstore I sort of work at - I read the arcs, and then review them, and hopefully try to help the store decide which books to buy). But I wanted to write to gush about how much I absolutely LOVE WINGS. I started reading the book on a trip from Boston to London. I opened the front cover, and then didn't look up until I had closed the last cover; checked my watch and thought it was broken, because I didn't think that much time had gone by. Bascially what I am saying, is that I was so in love and absorbed with WINGS that I forgot that I was even on a plane (And I hate planes). WINGS is definitely the best book that I have read in a very very long time! I'm rereading it and even now I have a horribly difficult time putting it down. I just want to keep reading and reading. It is absolutely amazing. The dialogue is so realistic, the characters became best friends on page 1 (and 3):). The story is just simply fantastic.

Are you writing a sequel? When will it be out?

Again, absolutely fantastic book. If I were in the States, I would definitely email you about those desserts!

I honestly don't know how to tell you how much I loved this book. Its just amazing. I made sure all of my friends will be buying it when it comes out in May!

I don't know if you have time to answer personal questions, but I was just wondering how you came up with the idea of WINGS? Did you find the plot first, or the MC? How long did it take to write?

I love talking about books - I could talk about them all day :)

Anyway, great job on WINGS!

-- Becky D.

Kenny said...

Becky--Aprilynne is on the second leg of her pre-publication tour right now, but I'm sure she'll be very pleased to hear how much you loved her book.

I just wanted to chime in and note that Aprilynne has a four book deal with HarperTeen for this series. So you can look forward to the further adventures of Laurel, David, Tamani, and Chelsea!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Wow, what a great review left by Becky D.! If I had any doubt in my mind about buying Wings, which I did not, that would have sold me on it.

That's nice that your tour is broken up into legs. Or not nice?

Becky said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog this evening! I work at Blue Willow Bookshop in Houston, and I finished Wings last night. Enjoyed it very much! Best of luck to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Kenny -
Thank-you SO much for letting me know that WINGS will be a series! That's fantastic!
And, if Aprilynne needs anyone to advertize her books in England, let me know. I'm in Oxford for six more months, and would love to see WINGS gain a strong base of readers here.

-- Becky